Title pictures courtesy of Annie LaRue

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Water and a Beer!

We spent this past weekend in Singapore which for all of you that don't know... we live in Johor Bahru, Malaysia. Its like Newark and Singapore is like New York. Yes, we live in the Ghetto and traveling to civilization is having to enter a whole new country. Thomas and a friend from here were meeting up with some other guys visiting from the UK for "Boys' night". He wasn't coming back to JB after a night of drinking so he was getting a hotel room. Sophie and I tagged along for the night out in SG (well, a swim in the hotel pool, Subway for dinner and thrilling night playing in the tub and playing "chase the baby" around the room!)
Before Thomas went out drinking, I had my usual conversation with him... Quick recap of history... Thomas had pancreatitis back in 2001 and had a few episodes of pseudocysts stirring it up again. He basically killed his pancreas after Sprink Break Cancun '01. Woohoo! Drinking excessively is something in the past but every once in a while, Thomas lets hims self be "Fun Thomas". The Thomas from college. BUT... its not recommended so I had a my usual talk.. "Don't forget to drink water - a water for every beer."

Usually, my advice goes in one ear and out the other until the next morning when he's feeling it but somehow my advice stuck this time and as he reported back to me the next morning, all the other guys ordered water even though they gave him crap for it! Thanks to James for this picture.


Sometimes the nagging gets through!

No comments:

Post a Comment